In addition to services, Kilbride offers clients access to several key resources.
Road Map for the Baldrige Journey: A Guide to Effective use of the Criteria for Performance Excellence and Baldrige-based Award Programs
- ♦ This essential resource from ASQ Quality Press provides step-by-step instructions for those leading their organization’s journey to excellence using the Baldrige Criteria. It provides a multi-year Road Map for leaders who are responsible to design and implement a customized operating model for performance excellence based on the Criteria. The Road Map includes regular use of state award programs for feedback and course correction. The approach helps organizations more efficiently and effectively use the Criteria and award programs as an aid to organizational performance improvement and (though not the objective) enhances the likelihood of being recognized by these programs along the way.
- ♦ The Road Map for the Baldrige Journey is a direct response to requests from organizational leaders seeking a way to move their organization from good to great in the near-term and to ensure the organization’s long-term sustainability. It is not surprising that these leaders find the Criteria offer a valuable blueprint for building an integrated system to achieve and sustain performance excellence. It is also not surprising that they become frustrated to find there is not a well-defined process for doing so. This book meets that need and provides a systematic process to guide organizational transformation.
- ♦ Clients of Kilbride Consulting, Inc. are also provided detailed templates for over 30 Key Approaches that are designed to further accelerate the effort to define or design their organization’s operating model for performance excellence.
- Below you can download Chapter 1 from Road Map for the Baldrige Journey
Methods for Improvement Consultants
- ♦ Clients of Kilbride Consulting, Inc. are provided access to Kilbride’s 355 page Methods for Improvement Consultants, a fully hyperlinked resource that provides step-by-step instructions for 88 methods to improve the quality of teamwork and meetings, to clarify messy issues, to develop plans and ideas, to make decisions, to gather and analyze data, to solve problems and improve key processes.
- ♦ The Methods can be used as “building blocks” for rapidly developing interactive training for managers and teams. Not only can the methods reduce the time to develop training, their step-by-step nature makes it possible for participants to learn and apply the thinking processes embedded within the tools.
- ♦ The Methods provide opportunities for practical application of the types of knowledge and skills that are often the focus of management or executive development programs that seek to develop competencies in areas such as:
- Decision making
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Problem solving
- Process excellence
- Goal setting
- Action planning
- Contingency planning
- Collection and analysis of data
- Managing change
- Managing conflict
- Managing meetings
- Listening skills
- Project management
For more information on the Methods contact Kilbride Consulting, Inc.
Following are links to excerpts from Methods for Improvement Consultants
Below are brief 1-2 page thought papers on a variety of topics.